We are off to a great start to the semester! We’ve got some great performances coming up in the next few months. Here are some announcements for the week:
- We will be having our annual fitness gram testing on Tuesday during class. Make sure you are dressed out and hydrated.
- We will start rehearsals with piano accompanists for Solo & Ensemble this week. Make sure you have double checked the schedule for your rehearsal times. Please arrive 5 minutes early and be prepared. Payment is due to your accompanist no later than February 1st. ($40 for class 1/$30 for a class 2)
- Fiddler on the Roof had a great opening weekend and will run this weekend Thursday – Saturday at 7:30 at the PAC. (Remember if you are in the orchestra we will have a Wednesday run through starting at 4 and should end around 5:30)
- The Color Guard will have their first Winter Guard competition this Saturday at Cedar Park HS. I will send out an update with competition times. Please come out and support the GHS Color Guard!
- We will have our next Band Booster Meeting next Monday, February 4th at 6:30 in the Band Hall. We will discuss fundraisers, volunteer opportunities, NYC trip and lots of other upcoming topics.
- Those attending the NYC trip: Final payment is due this Friday, February 1st. The travel agent has asked me to announce that this payment must be made on time and that they cannot accept a late payment) There will also be an information letter coming home this week regarding the trip.
- Also, make sure you are attending your weekly sectionals! This is where you get more individualized time to perfect your music. Also this is a weekly grade in your band class.